present Maria kaspers, Jessie Forslind, Jackie Sparrow, Tim Bishop, Liz Angelo, Mavis Timms,. Peter Dowden, Alex King, Des McIntosh; apologies from Telagi papau, jeanette Robinson Tromop.
Liz read a letter from Gerard Collings.
Route 19 was discussed:
- roundabout nature of route
- change to route through City Rise means it serves fewer people
- hard for wheelchair users to use Rattray St stops near Arthur St due to steep terrain
- Decline in numbers threatens the council plan to increase frequency "subject to demand" when they are effectively destroying demand
It was agreed to support both a return to City Rise route and previous half hourly frequency
We briefly discussed:
- No 3 poor access to South Dunedin shops
- bus kneeling
- the desirability for better consultation by ORC before route changes